Pack 845 is a chartered Cub Scout unit in the Northern Ridge District of the Atlanta Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. Roswell United Methodist Church Roswell, Georgia, is the chartering partner for Pack 845. In return, all members of Pack 845 are expected to act consistently with the wishes of the chartering partner and the Church.
Pack Policy will follow the guidelines and regulations of the Boy Scouts of America as set forth by the National Council for the Boy Scouts of America and the Northern Ridge District of the Atlanta Area Council.
Specific Pack Policy will be established or changed by majority vote of the Pack Committee. Approved policies will be posted on the Pack website and published in updates of the Pack’s Guide To Scouting
- The Pack Committee will develop a proposed budget for the next year during their Annual Planning Meeting each August.
- Camp or activity fees will be set to cover the estimated cost of each event. Surpluses or shortages will be added or subtracted from the Pack account.
- The Pack will provide accident insurance through the Atlanta Area Council for all Scouts, registered adult leaders, and registered Committee members.
- The Treasurer for Pack funds will maintain checking and savings accounts. It is expected that the Treasurer report on the financial activities of the Pack monthly. The Pack Treasurer and Pack Committee Chair will each be authorized to sign checks on Pack accounts.
- The Pack checking account will be managed through ledger accounts.
Should a Scout transfer to another Pack, withdraw or be expelled from Pack 845, the balance in his account will be transferred to a related family member within the Pack. If he has no related family member within the Pack, the remaining balance will be transferred into the Pack’s Saving Account into the Scholarship Fund.
The Pack Committee is the governing authority of Pack 845. All parents of Scouts on the active roster are encouraged to attend Committee Meetings. The Committee Chairperson is selected by the Chartering Organization. Registered Pack Committee members are expected to complete the required training for their position. Positions with specific responsibilities on the Pack Committee are:
- Assistant Committee Chair
- Advancement Chair
- Blue & Gold Coordinator
- Pack Secretary
- Outdoor Program Coordinator + Committee
- Health and Safety Chair
- Pack Treasurer
- Fund Raising Coordinator + Committee
- Registration Coordinator
- Community Service Coordinator + Committee
- Religious Coordinator
- Friends of Scouting Coordinator
- Derby Coordinator
The Cubmaster is selected by the Pack Committee. Assistant Cubmasters are selected by the Cubmaster and approved by the Pack Committee. Cubmaster and Assistant Cubmasters are expected to be fully trained and must complete the required training for their position provided.
All registered leaders, including "Uniformed" Leaders, Committee Members, are required to be Youth Protection Training (YPT). Non-registered adults going on outings for 72 hours or more (such as summer camp) must take the new YPT (the 72 hours are cumulative, not consecutive).
Quick Link: BSA Youth Protection Website.