First Grade - Tiger Requirements
First graders work toward the Tiger rank
The Tiger rank is earned by completing seven adventures as described below. Although participation with an adult partner is required for all Tiger awards, recognition items are for the Scouts only.
- Complete each of the six required adventures:
- Games Tigers Play
- My Tiger Jungle
- Team Tiger
- Tiger Bites
- Tiger Circles: Duty to God
- Tigers in the Wild
- In addition to the six required adventures, complete at least one elective adventure of your den’s or family’s choosing.
- With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
- Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (The Cyber Chip portion of this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian if you do not have access to the internet.)
The Tiger Cub Scout uniform has the following parts;
1. Shirt—The official blue uniform shirt is available with long or short sleeves and has button-flap pockets.
2. Pants— Shorts, long pants, skorts, and roll up pants all are in official blue.
3. Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle.
4. Socks—Official socks are available in three lengths: ankle, crew, and knee. Tiger socks have an orange band on the top.
5. Hat—Official blue hat with orange front and Tiger emblem.
6. Neckerchief—Orange triangular neckerchief with Tiger logo. Official BSA neckerchiefs are the only neckerchiefs that are part of the uniform. Provided by Pack 845
7. Neckerchief slide—Provided by Pack 845
Belt loops are designed to fit over the Cub Scout belt pictured here.