Kindergarten - Lion Requirements
Kindergartners work toward the Lion rank. The Lion rank is earned by completing five adventures as described below. Although participation with an adult partner is required for all Lion awards, recognition items are for the Scouts only.
1. Complete the five required adventures:
- Lion’s Honor
- Animal Kingdom
- Fun on the Run!
- King of the Jungle
- Mountain Lion
2. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
Outside of the requirements, Lion Scouts can also complete any number of seven elective adventures of their den’s or family’s choosing.
The Lion Cub Scout uniform has the following parts:
- Shirt—The official Lion t-shirt.
- Belt—Official navy-blue web belt with metal buckle.
- Cap—Official navy-blue Lion cap.
- Neckerchief— Provided by Pack 845
- Neckerchief slide—Provided by Pack 845
Official uniform pants, shorts, or skorts, and Cub Scout socks are optional. Use of these items for Lions is decided by the den leader and families in the den. There is no uniform inspection sheet for Lions.